The adi Group has a longstanding relationship with Walgreens Boots Alliance and in early 2015, adi Electrical was competitively selected for the first phase to upgrade the old low voltage (LV) electrical distribution systems for BCM’s, grade one listed, five storey D10 Building in Beeston, Nottingham. This was a prestigious and complex project, done in partnership with English Heritage, to ensure that the work complied with the latest electrical installation and environmental legislation, whilst complementing the existing visual aesthetical look.
The work involved upgrading the existing electrical infrastructure from the LV transformer to the existing electrical switchgear, located around this historic manufacturing site. It included the sympathetic installation of new containment equipment below ground and within the fabric of the building to facilitate the installation of new cabling and earthing systems across the site. The new LV switch panels included provision for Power Factor Correction units and upgrades to the existing LV switch panels to accommodate the increased site load.
To avoid any impacts to the production lines and loss of supply, adi Electrical liaised directly with the local supply authority and the site operations team to arrange a convenient time for the site wide shut down and transfer of the supplies onto the new systems. The sequenced work involved two stages, firstly the installation of the cabling and new LV panels, followed by transferring the supplies.
The shutdown programme was very successful, being both completed within the time frame provided and without any disruption to the business’s operations. Throughout all the complex installations, the building was fully operational. As a result, adi Electrical has been commissioned to carry out further work as their strategic partner for electrical installation at the Nottingham site.
- adi Electrical were appointed as the main contractor on this scheme meaning we were responsible for all health and safety policies, site set up, project management and all associated builders works.
- All our installation works met the following standards
- BS 7671:2008 (amendment 1:2011)
- BS EN 61439
- BS 5424 (Parts 2 & 3)
- BS 7430
- The installation of new bespoke switchgear designed specifically to the clients requirements
- We were able to work closely with the in-house services engineering team to deliver the project for our clients
- adi Group can manufacture and design a wide range of custom and standard control panels and Switchgear which can be built to meet any particular customer specifications or requirements
BCM is the contract manufacturing business of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is one of the largest health and beauty contract manufacturers in Western Europe, with over 100 years' experience of manufacturing health and beauty products. Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. The company was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014.