Chain previously fitted suffered a short life (2 years) due to wear elongation and roller wear. Lubrication of the chain is difficult due to temperature and risk of contamination. As the chain wear increases, product quality is affected due to an increased gap between the conveyor flights.
Through working with our preferred suppliers, we were able to provide a full turnkey solution to the client that included:
- In-house manufacture of fabricated & machined chain flights, supply of 26152.4R-1LA2 chain with hard chromium plated pins, MoS2 lubrication between pin/bushing and bushing/roller.
- Flights assembled to matched 6 pitch pairs of chain.
- Supply of sprockets with induction hardened teeth, bored and keyed and the manufacture of shafts.
- Strip out of existing chain, shafts & sprockets, pneumatic tensioners, drives.
- Repair of damaged oven interior and replacement of worn chain guides.
- Carry out oven re-fit of new shafts & sprockets, chain & flight assemblies, tensioners & drives.
- Total ownership of the oven refurbishment project
- Co-ordination of the supply and delivery of components to meet with installation deadlines
- Induction hardened teeth increase chain life to 6 years
- Cost-saving due to 3 times chain life
- Improved product quality
Leading glass, mineral and wool manufacturer.
Damaged oven interior
Worn chain guides